Sunday, November 1, 2009

A reason to get through the holidays without putting on the extra 5 pounds...

I have been telling myself for weeks to get off the couch and put on my shoes and go out and run! I always seem to find an excuse of why I can't do it...until Joanna called and said that she wants to do another run. After my initial thoughts of "Is she crazy?!", I started to see the reasons that we should do it.

#1 I eat and eat and eat at all of the holiday parties...
#2 I drink and drink and drink at all of the holiday parties...
#3 I feel better when I work out!
#4 I agree, being 500 miles apart from a sister kind of sucks after a while. It is nice to work for something together!
#5 My husband tends to work out more if I am working out, so it is a win win situation.

Now, the hard part, getting going--I have been doing a lot of sitting and not running...so, even though I know what it feels like to run 13.1 miles (or even 5 miles!), it is still hard starting out. I had to walk a few times to catch my breath, but the last half mile felt pretty good. It seems like I need at least a mile to just warm up now.

I day done...how many to go until June 6?

1 comment:

  1. Hi you two. I am glad you are doing this again. It is good to do things with your sisters. Have fun while you train and we will keep an eye or two on you.
    Love,
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete