Wednesday, November 4, 2009

8x13=104...yeah right.

Tonight I was kindly introduced to the indoor track. It's nice, there's no wind, it's warm, plus there are drinking fountains. There is just one problem, the sign on the door, 8 laps equals 1 mile...what?! That means I have to actually keep track of how many laps I do? I start running, 1...2...3....3...4...5..hmmm. I'm not sure, but I think I ran somewhere around 16-18 laps. On a positive note I ran the whole thing!

While I was running I was thinking about how people say they solve their life problems while running...I would like to say this is true for me too, but in all honesty I'm thinking this: "1 down," "how much longer?" "almost there!" "my side hurts" "I don't think I can feel my legs" "breathe in- breathe out" and today "what could I use to keep track of all these laps? Maybe one of those golf ticker things..." I think I really enjoy running because it's a time of the day that I am not worrying about things. I'm not worrying about how well I did on an exam, or if I'm going to fail out of the mba program. I just have to think about breathing and getting around the next turn.

On another note, yoga is a good thing--it forces you to stretch, and it stretches hips and calves. Jill-invest in a dvd, talk to laura belle, or look into exercise on demand. Because I have a feeling you think the same about stetching as I do, which is stretching for 1 minute should be good enough.... and then we hit 8 miles and wonder why we still hurt...

Next scheduled run-Saturday morning, hopefully outside.

1 comment:

  1. Power Yoga for Happiness. I use it for my at home yoga days. I did some research before finding it, and while you don't have to do everything this guy does, it's a great workout!

    ReplyDelete