Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not a fan of geese.

I've been running pretty consistently lately. I went for two runs over the weekend and felt good. Today I decided to get out there during my break between work and class. The weather is gorgeous, no wind and just enough breeze to keep cool. I got out of my car and started on the path. I'm pretty sure there was either gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe or cement because my feet didn't want to move. It was a short run today....really short...Lesson learned: coffee, pretzels and grapes are not good energizers for running, I'm going to have to change up my breakfast diet.

My run today was interesting. As I was running it started to smell a little bit like a zoo, I came around a corner and kid you not, there were hundreds of geese, the smell was overwhelming. Half of them were in the water, and half were on land, none of them were on the running path, which meant I had to run in between the two groups. I kind of felt like I was in the middle of a war zone where everyone was waiting to see who was going to make the first move....

Then I kept going, and ran into another group of geese, this time on the path. I ran right up to them and they didn't move. I stopped and started clapping to try and scare them away. They were not impressed, just looked at me like I was a weirdo (I'm pretty sure the people driving by thought the same thing.) They finally started moving when I started jumping, then I made my getaway and sprinted through them.

Finally I saw my car and breathed a sigh of relief, and at the same time I felt my foot land in something soft...that's right... goose poop...

all in all, I've had better runs..

1 comment:

  1. Jon and E complain about the geese all the time. However E really hates worms after a rain. She would rather have goose droppings than worm guts on her shoes.
    NC

    ReplyDelete