Wednesday, January 20, 2010

20 weeks away!

We are 20 weeks away from the run! Plennnty of time, but no more slacking. I've been running pretty consistently since buying my new shoes. I am still taking it easy on my foot. I've stopped icing it and haven't had any pain for the last 2 runs. woohoo, one hurdle overcome!

I've been running inside, I'm not minding it yet, but I can see myself getting a little stir crazy in the next month or so. It's not so bad because the track runs around the basketball courts, so I can watch people play, at least it's something distracting.

I've also made up my running chart for the next 20 weeks. More as a guide than anything else, but it will help to motivate me. Right now I am running 2 miles at a time, but am really trying to increase my speed a little. Sunday is my "big" run, a whopping 3 miles, but hey, I have to start somewhere right? I feel like I could be running 3 miles at a time right now, but I don't want to take a step backwards with my foot.

Also--water, water, water,water!!

1 comment: